ReVive International is committed to protecting your privacy and data. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
Who we are
ReVive International is the data controller (contact details on “Contact Us” page). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, e-mail address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Process Your Personal Data
Revive International complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer supporter and donor records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our trustees, employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services concerning Revive International;
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services concerning Reaviva in Brazil and the work at the Revive house.
- To process gift aid applications.
Legal Basis for Processing Data
These fall under either article 6 (personal data) or article 9 (special categories of data) processing.
Article 6 Processing
- Consent of the data subject;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. relating to money laundering requirements or taxation requirements where a failure to comply may lead to us breaking the law);
Article 9 Processing
- Explicit consent of the data
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
How long we retain your data
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary in order to comply with HMRC, Charity Commission and other regulatory requirements and in case of any legal claims or complaints. For Gift Aid purposes, this is 6 years from the end of the accounting period to which they relate, calculated from the date of the last donation made.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to know what data is being processed about you and to obtain a copy of your personal data which Revive International holds about you, normally free of charge;
- The right to request that Revive International corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Revive International to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that Revive International provides you, the data subject, with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability). (This only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Any other personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with those responsible for processing it e.g. administering Gift Aid and other donations and preparing proper accounts. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Since Revive International works to fundraise and support work in North East Brazil, some personal data is transferred to Brazil, a country outside the EU.
Two computer software packages, hosted in the EU, are accessed from the UK and Brazil. Both are password protected and the backup files, stored on Dropbox, are encrypted.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not use automated decision making techniques.